Winners of the 3rd Annual AACE and Young AACE Awards Announced
January 27, 2015
Advertising Young AACE winners (and our Feb/March issue cover models) Shauna Roe (centre left) and Rachel Kennedy (centre right), along with Stuart Payne (left) and Brian Sheppard (right) of Saatchi & Saatchi
Well, the night finally arrived and boy, was it a good one. Revellers started streaming into The Hoxton in downtown Toronto last night to celebrate the past year’s best and brightest work. All our finalists’ work was on display, drinks were flowing (a big thanks to our sponsor, Steam Whistle Brewing, for the generous supply of suds) and DJ Odario had tunes spinning as industry professionals mixed, mingled and noshed on tasty snacks by P&L Catering.
Okay, okay. We know you want us to get to the good stuff. Who won those shiny AACE and Young AACE cubes?
The 3rd Annual AACE Award winners are…
- Design AACE: arithmetic creative, Vancouver
- Illustration AACE: Sébastien Thibault, Matane QC
- Photography AACE: Warren Zelman, Montreal
- Interactive AACE: Rethink, Toronto/Vancouver
- Advertising AACE: john st., Toronto
- Student AACE: Angela Pan, Sheridan College
And the first-ever winners of the new Young AACE Awards are…
- Design Young AACE: Cindy Marie Habana & Kareem Halfawi, JWT Canada, Toronto
- Illustration Young AACE: Typhaine Le Gallo, Montreal
- Photography Young AACE: Jason Gordon, Toronto
- Interactive Young AACE: Liam Johnstone & Sarah Di Domenico, Red Urban, Toronto
- Advertising Young AACE: Rachel Kennedy & Shauna Roe, Saatchi & Saatchi, Toronto
Watch our website over the next few days for more information on our finalists and winners.
We owe a huge thanks to our sponsors for the evening: Shutterstock, Mi5 Print & Digital Communications, Unisource a Veritiv company, Vistek, Canon, Staedtler, The Hoxton, Steam Whistle Brewing and Yotel Hotel New York.
Once again, congratulations to all of the winners, whose mantels are a little heavier tonight, and of course to all of our finalists for their exceptional work last year. You make putting together an award show celebrating the best of the best pretty easy.
January 28, 2015