ENTERING STUDENT AWARDS HAVE ADVANTAGES
Winning an Applied Arts Student Award shapes your career
April 14, 2022
Image: Nitya Bellani, Savannah College of Art & Design, FUTURA, Design - Single. 2021 Student Awards Winner.
Applied Arts strives to help the next generation of creatives get the recognition they deserve by giving students the opportunity to submit their work into our Applied Arts Student Awards program. These Awards are one of the most anticipated awards programs of the year by students and seasoned pros. The judges, all industry pros, find a fresh lease on their creativity from reviewing and scoring the truly awe-inspiring work.
“Even considering this was all student work, there are always a few standouts that you can tell right away that this person/team has the critical problem-solving skills that will make them successful when they take their next step into the creative field. I was excited to see a few of these types of entries during my judging”
Anand Iyer, Associate Creative Director, No Fixed Address, Toronto, ON
Alumni matter OCAD University, 2021 Student Awards judge.
The Applied Arts Student Awards is an international competition open to high school and post-secondary students completing a degree/diploma studying in a creative arts program; such as:
- Advertising & Design Programs – Brand activation, brand identity, digital experiential/innovative, social responsibility, etc.
- Creative Advertising – Print, digital, radio and video
- Graphic Design – Editorial, packaging design, promotional design, typography
- Digital, Motion & Gaming – Apps, digital content, animation, game design & development, motion and website design
- Photography & Illustration - Illustration, photography, mixed media and 3D modelling
Image: Anna Asgaraly, Chelsea Shum, Natasha Tang, Tommy Truong, Lynn Wangchen, York University, York/Sheridan Program in Design, IMMUNO, Apps Single, 2021 Student Awards winner.
Work submitted to this year’s competition will be judged by our incredible jury who all started at the bottom and climbed the creative ladder. Each and every one of them were once students too, and some not so long ago. What that means is that they've been there. They've done group projects where they were the only ones doing anything, they've made fictional pitches for dream clients, they've pulled all-nighters (and probably still do), etc. These judges aren't your peers, but one day, they will be. So, make an amazing first impression and enter today.
2022 Applied Arts Student Awards Jury
Winning an Applied Arts Students Award has many advantages, including:
- Have your winning work published online in the Winners Gallery, in the Advertising & Student Awards Annual, set to release in December 2022 and promoted across our social platforms to an audience of well more than 178,500 senior-level creative's in the advertising and design industries.
- A complimentary copy of the Student & Advertising Awards Annual.
- A personalized Awards certificate for each winning entry signed by Georges Haroutiun, Applied Arts founder/art director.
For more information about the 2022 Awards competition, eligibility and categories click here. The cost of entry starts at $20 for High school categories and $35 for post-secondary categories.
Don’t wait too long, the deadline to enter is May 20, 2022.