Work From Our 2018 Design Awards Judges
June 12, 2018
Karolina Loboda, creative director and co-founder of The White Room, shares this picture from her agency's recent project—an image campaign for Valentine Rouge.
The Summer 2018 issue of Applied Arts is about to hit newsstands across the country! This edition features the annual Design Awards section, with over 120 pages of award-winning work from creative professionals across Canada.
This year’s Design Awards would not have been possible without the help from our judges—each of them highly regarded industry professionals who are on the top of their game. This year's panel features:
- Vanessa Eckstein, Founder and Creative Director, BLOK Design
- Mooren Bofill, Executive Creative Director of Design, john st.
- James Wilson, Principal and Founder, Overdrive Design Limited
- Karolina Loboda, Creative Director and Co-Founder, The White Room Inc. Branding & Art Direction
- Frank Viva, Founder and Managing Director, Viva & Co
- Jean-Sebastien Baillat, Founder and Creative Director, Baillat Studio
- Olivier Chevillot, Creative Director, Pigeon Brands
- Rita Sasges, Principal and Creative Director, Frank Design Strategy Inc.
- David Coates, Partner and Strategist, Ion Brand Design
- Michael Gericke, Partner, Pentagram
- Josh Fehr, Executive Creative Director, Camp Pacific
- Sarah Hunt, Partner, HivelyDesigns, a company of Artisanal Media LLC
- Pum Lefebure, Co-Founder and Chief Creative Officer, Design Army
- Elise Eskanazi, Art Director
Read more about them here.
A few of our judges have shared what they’re working on when they’re not judging pieces! Check out some of their recent works below.
Josh Fehr and his team at Camp Pacific gave the Canadian Museum of Human Rights a website redesign and build…
… and created an illustrated poster for Theatre Calgary’s 51 season.
Over at Pigeon Brands, Olivier Chevillot has helped create a brand and packaging design for well-known laundry detergent and softener brand La Parisienne.
Chevillot has also worked on a new design, branding, renaming and packaging campaign for Koena, a line of probiotic products.
And lastly, he’s helped build a brand redesign and packaging for Dainty, The Rice Company.
As co-founder and creative director of The White Room, Karolina Loboda has worked on a number of recent projects. Here is the a look at the custom brochures created for the design campaign for Julie Charbonneau Design.
And here's The White Room's rebrand for Connect Resource—pictured here are the new business cards.
Rita Sasges, principal and creative director for Frank Design, shared this interactive exhibit for YW Calgary, showcasing 150 trail-blazing women for Canada’s 150 birthday.