The Applied Arts Awards
Now, more than ever before, getting business is all about credibility – what work you've already done, and who's given it the nod. Applied Arts Awards have been a reliable source for showcasing the best of the best for 30 years. A nod from one of our juries – always different, always independent – gives you bragging rights, exposure, more confidence, and, above all, a portfolio showpiece.
We remain committed to celebrating the amazing published, unpublished, personal, and student work from the advertising, design, illustration, and photography spectrum. So show us – and the creative world – what you've poured your heart and soul into over the past year.
Applied Arts remains as committed to recognizing the talented artists who continue to pursue excellence within their creative projects. Our mandate is to showcase the jewels of their labour resulting from years of hard work. We provide them with the opportunity to grow their community and business by getting the eyes of established industry creatives on their work. Thus Applied Arts will not accept Artificial Intelligence (AI) entries into the following competitions: Applied Arts Photography, Illustration, Student and Design Awards competitions. Under review is the eligibility of AI for the Applied Art Advertising Awards.
For eligibility or to enter, click on the competition of interest.
2023 Photography Awards
2023 Illustration Awards
2023 Design Awards
Extended Deadline: March 20, 2023
2023 Student Awards
Deadline: May 5, 2023
2023 Advertising Awards
Launch: May 1, 2023
Deadline: September 1, 2023
Entering work to an Applied Arts Awards competition is easy thanks to a streamlined awards management system.
- You can stop and restart at any time during the entry process.
- All submissions are digital, with a simple upload process and clearly defined entry material requirements.
- Easy to use Awards interface that allows entrants to enter multiple competitions.
- Simple processes for entering creative credit roles – once creative credit roles are input; they can be reused for subsequent entries.
- If you work with smaller, local clients, a small business or projects with a shoestring budget you may be eligible to compete with like-sized entrants in the Community categories.
- If you are a recent graduate with a limited number of years in the industry you are eligible to enter the Young Blood categories to help you establish your creative talent with like-minded peers. Visit each Awards competition for eligibility.
- If you are a current high school, post-secondary, graduate studies student, or an individual who graduated up to 1 year ago, our Student Awards competition is the best way to kickstart your creative career.
Juries of senior-level creative professionals review the submissions and judge entries based on creative merit, technical excellence and suitability for end use. Those that meet a pre-determined cut-off score are published in their corresponding awards Annual and online within the interactive Winners Gallery, equally and without prejudice.
Great work needs to be recognized.
What Winners receive:
- Their work published in one the corresponding Awards Annuals
- A complimentary copy of the Awards Annual their work appears in
- Their work published online in our Winners Gallery and our social media channels.
- A personalized, awards certificate for every winning entry signed by noted designer Georges Haroutiun, the founder and art director of Applied Arts
- The opportunity to order a personalized, engraved awards trophy. The AACE cube original stopper showstopper piece.